Florida Car Accident Attorneys
If you have been involved in an auto accident in Florida, it is crucial to seek the expertise of a reliable and experienced car accident lawyer. At Donaldson & Weston, our dedicated team of car accident lawyers is here to guide you through the legal process and help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Car accidents can result in devastating consequences, including severe injuries, emotional distress, and financial burdens. Navigating the aftermath of a car accident can be overwhelming, especially when dealing with insurance companies and legal complexities. That’s where our skilled car accident attorneys step in to protect your rights and advocate for your best interests.
We offer free consultations, and no fees are charged unless we win. Call 866-382-1494 for a free case review.
What Sets Us Apart from Other Car Accident Lawyers?
At Donaldson & Weston, we have earned a solid reputation for our commitment to providing exceptional legal representation to car accident victims across Florida. Our extensive knowledge and experience in handling auto accident cases allow us to build strong claims and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our legal team understands the complexities involved in car accident cases, from investigating the accident scene to gathering crucial evidence, assessing damages, and negotiating with insurance companies. We leave no stone unturned in pursuing justice on your behalf.
When you choose Donaldson & Weston as your car accident attorney, you can expect a client-focused approach. We prioritize your needs and concerns, ensuring that you receive personalized attention throughout the legal process. Our attorneys take the time to understand the details of your case, evaluate the full extent of your damages, and develop a tailored strategy to maximize your compensation.
Proven Track Record
With an impressive track record of success, our car accident attorneys have secured substantial settlements and verdicts for numerous clients in Florida. We have the knowledge, experience, and tenacity to tackle even the most challenging cases. Our dedication to obtaining fair compensation for our clients has resulted in the recovery of millions of dollars in damages.
We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that a car accident can take on your life. Our compassionate team is here to provide the support and guidance you need during this difficult time. We will walk you through the legal process, explain your rights, and handle all communication with insurance companies, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
Some Benefits to Hiring an Accident Injury Attorney
Hiring an experienced car accident lawyer can lighten your load, relieve some of your stress, and allow you to focus on your recovery. Your lawyer will manage all aspects of your claim including filing all of the paperwork correctly and on time, gathering the evidence required to strengthen your claim, liaising with the insurer on your behalf, and handling the negotiation process for you. Having an attorney handle your case may also benefit the outcome of your claim as they will have the knowledge, resources, and legal strategies required to build a strong case and mitigate disputes from the insurer.
Here are a few benefits to hiring a car accident lawyer to help you with your personal injury claim in Florida:
- Your lawyer will handle all logistics: Managing a personal injury claim can be a lot of work and you may not be up to it after sustaining serious injuries in the accident. Your car accident lawyer will, however, handle all the logistics of your claim. They will fill in the required paperwork correctly, file your claim within the statute of limitations, uncover evidence to back up your claim, liaise with the insurer and defending party on your behalf, handle the negotiation process, and ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible for you. This will allow you to rest and focus on your recovery.
- Your lawyer can help you to avoid common mistakes: Being involved in a car accident can be a traumatic experience and you may be in shock for some time. You may not always be thinking clearly as you process the events and come to terms with your injuries. Your every action and statement is, however, likely being monitored by the insurer who will be looking for a reason to dispute your claim. You will need to carefully consider what you do and say after the accident as the wrong steps may lead to a dispute of liability and a reduced settlement. For example, if you did not seek prompt medical care or have ignored some of your doctor’s orders, it could be argued by the insurer that you did not do your duty to mitigate damages. You may then be held liable for some of your damages. Having an experienced car accident lawyer can, however, be beneficial as they will be able to guide you during the days and weeks following the accident. Your lawyer will advise you on how to avoid some of the common mistakes made by claimants and handle all of the correspondence with the insurer to ensure you do not say anything that could harm your claim.
- Your lawyer can help you gather important evidence: Having strong evidence is vital to the success of your claim. Insurers will look for gaps in evidence to use to dispute your claim to avoid a substantial payout. Your lawyer can help you to uncover time-sensitive and hard-to-access evidence to fill any gaps in evidence and mitigate disputes from the insurer. Your lawyer will be able to help you to prove negligence, liability, and damages by collecting evidence such as surveillance footage, eyewitness testimony, official accident reports, expert witness depositions, and medical records.
- Your lawyer can litigate in court on your behalf: Most personal injury claims can be settled out of court, but if you are seeking a substantial sum in damages, the insurer may deny you a fair settlement. You may then choose to file a lawsuit to further pursue fair compensation. Your lawyer will be able to litigate in court on your behalf to help you reach the desired outcome.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Florida
If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be shocked and disorientated for some time. It is, however, very important to try to think of the steps you take after the accident very carefully as they may have an impact on your personal injury claim should you choose to file one. The smallest misstep could open your claim up to disputes from the insurer.
Here are a few important steps to take right away after the accident:
- Report the accident to the police immediately: You should report the accident to the police immediately. Ignore requests from the other parties to leave the police out of the accident. The responding officers will assess the scene of the accident and speak to all parties involved to compile an official accident report. This step is very important as it ensures that an official paper trail exists detailing the particulars of the accident, the circumstances surrounding the incident, and other important details that may be useful later on during your personal injury claim. The official accident report may help to tie your injuries to the accident and back up your account of how the accident occurred.
- Contact emergency services promptly: It is important to contact emergency services and seek prompt medical attention after the accident. This applies even if your injuries don’t seem serious at first. Some symptoms may be latent and delaying medical care may cause your condition to worsen. This could open your claim up to disputes by the insurer who could argue that your negligence caused your condition to worsen. You may then be held liable for some or all of your damages. Your medical records can also serve as important evidence during your claim. They may help to connect your injuries to the accident, prove the severity of your injuries, prove that you did your duty to mitigate damages, and prove the financial losses you have suffered from unexpected medical costs.
- Exchange personal and insurance information with the other party: Another important step to take before leaving the scene of the accident is to exchange personal and insurance information with the other parties involved in the accident. This includes the other car’s license plate number as well as the other driver’s name, number, address, and insurance policy details. If there were any eyewitnesses, try to get their contact information too. Your lawyer may be able to interview them, and their testimony may help to back up your claim.
- Take photographs of the scene of the accident, your car, and the other cars involved: Before moving or removing anything, take photos of the scene of the accident, the positioning of the cars involved, any road signs nearby, and any other details that may seem significant.
- Ignore offers for a personal payoff: If the other party offers to pay you off personally without involving the police and insurers, be sure to decline these offers. It is important to report the accident to the police and follow the correct steps if you wish to be compensated fairly for your losses.
- Keep a record of all accident-related expenses: It is important to keep a record of all accident-related expenses as evidence of the losses you have suffered. This includes all medical expenses, the cost of repair or replacement of property damaged in the accident, the cost of physical therapy, and the cost of necessary home modifications.
- Contact a car accident lawyer as soon as possible: Contacting an experienced car accident lawyer for guidance should also be on your to-do list after the accident. Your attorney can help you to gather important evidence to strengthen your claim and can advise you on how to avoid common mistakes made by claimants after an accident. Your attorney can also help to mitigate disputes against your claim from the insurer who is likely to try to avoid a substantial payout.
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation with a Florida Car Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a car accident in Florida, don’t wait to seek legal help. Time is of the essence when it comes to gathering evidence and pursuing your claim. Call Donaldson & Weston today at 866-382-1494 for a free consultation with an experienced car accident lawyer. We are ready to fight for your rights and help you seek the compensation you deserve.